Wednesday 9 January 2013

The Embrace



A poem I wrote some twenty or so years ago which was published in a poetry book which can be found in Waterstones.


The Embrace

With faltering, unsure weary hand
I grasp the insular sands of time
Seductive, soothing ebbing tide
Sends forth it's burning heart.
My raft of shattered bones and dreams
And all-important little things
Is mesmerised by troubled eyes
And the reaching out of earnest men,
Who call like ghosts, evocative
Great promises of life they give,
And so my person will not lie, or die,
So restless in it's vacant state,
For I know not what I must do,
So i gently drift and think of you,
A current born not of the sea
Bites and burns and beckons me,
The figures standing in the light,
Wave away my passive fight,
As skin and bone and will grow stronger,
Pulling me back from over yonder,
With longing hearts, they bid farewell,
And return my soul to mortal living hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment